Thursday, May 8, 2008

Draw String Pouch for Gyro Mouse

I found that I was always taking my gyro mouse with me so I thought I would make something to help organize it when I am on the go.

Trying to be funny I wanted to use either a cheese, cat or mouse fabric.
I found some cat fabric at Joann's where the cats are chasing mice, butterflies, or napping :)

The process!

1. Cut both fabrics into 25 inch squares and put them "right side" together and then folded in each of the corners 5 inches on each side to create more of a rounded look. Then sew around the edges leaving one corner open, to turn the fabric right side out.


2. Cut a 7 in or so cardboard [not the corrugated] circle, or whatever size you want, this gives the bag more stability and character. Then slip the cardboard circle in the middle (I used one of my bowls as a template).

3. Once the circle is inside the fabric sew closed the one corner you left open. Carefully find the center in the fabric and sew the circle in the middle of the fabric. To find the center you can hold each opposite edge together and let the disk fall to the center and then pin the circle in on those edges, and repeat for the other side. Now the basic shape is done!

4. I needed a little pocket to put the USB connector so I took some clear fabric and sewed in a pocked that was just the larger than the connector and used some Velcro to close the pocket.

5. Then I need something to help cinch in the bag so instead of boring loops of the fabric I cut out 12 of the little cats from the pattern of my inside fabric and sewed them on the outside at each corner and in the middle sections approximately 2 inches down from the outside seem. When doing this I sewed the top and bottom through all the layers and just stitched along the side of the cat where I wanted to cord to go through to keep and even look and prevent fraying.

6. Finally run the cord through the loops and you are done! I probably used a yard and half or so of cord.


No comments: