Thursday, October 9, 2008

Eye Mask


I needed an eye mask to block out he light as I slept, but one that wasn’t very rigid so I could flip it up to see out from under my CPAP mask. NOTE: if you want to make one for use without a CPAP i would add some batting inbetween the two layers to keep some rigidity while you sleep.

I made this one out of a few scrap pieces of t-shirts and elastic.


First I made a pattern on paper based on my glasses, cut it out to test the fit and modified it until I thought it would block out the light I needed.


Then I layered the two fabrics I was going to use and cut out the pattern with a ¼ inch seam allowance.


Next I sewed the elastic into the light blue fabirc which is the front fabirc so nothing would bother my face. I made the elastic long enough to keep very loose tenstion so it wouldn’t fall off my face.


Then I sewed the two pieces of the eye mask together inside out leaving the two openings unsewn so the strap would be right side out. Then I sewed those holes together and I was done.

No comments: