Saturday, August 28, 2010

Origami Crane Wall Hanging

If you know me you know i love origami and especially origami cranes :) [pictured below]


if you know me you also know i enjoy math and patterns sooooo I wanted to make a wall hanging of the pattern of an unfolded crane [pictured below]. I chose colors that would complement my living room.

I cut out 6 inch squares and black trim 2 inches thick to make a border

I then sewed all of the pieces in place. sewing the vertical pieces between each block and connecting these rectangles with the horizontal pieces.

I then cut out a piece of black fabric [not pictured] the size of the front of the mini quilt. place the backing and the front good side to good side and cut a piece of batting the size of the hanging and sewed that in place leaving enough room to turn it inside out.
The quilt turned out with the hole ready to be closed and the design to be added.

The finished hanging on my sofa looking onto my rug...pretty good color match huh?
close up of the finished design.

No comments: