Thursday, December 30, 2010

PJ Pants

I made three people PJ pants for Christmas. To make the pattern I traced existing pj's that fit me well onto newspaper. Then I traced the pattern onto the fabric and completed the pants by sewing them as shown in this video by Joann's. I am not as fussy about ironing seams and such i just fold and pin things. I only use and iron when it is absolutely necessary. The video will give you a basic idea of the process. Sorry I was in a rush and forgot to take progress pictures.

Dog PJ's
Shark PJ's
Breakfast PJ's
Not the waist is different than the rest of the pants because I had to get the fabric in two pieces and the first was just long enough to make the pants. I used the second piece to make a cap that holds the elastic and later a ribbon in place.



Update: 2-14-11 I made some cupcake PJ shorts using the same basic idea as with the PJ pants. This time with measuring the elastic for the waist i only used about 3/4 of the actual length around my waist. This way the elastic will keep the shorts up and not just fall down like it did with the pants. You could also use a little more elastic and string a piece of ribbon around for a closer fit.

No comments: